Carrier Strike Force continues the excitement of aircraft carrier operations. With five previous release of our world-reknown Flight Deck Series we have the know-how and experience to bring you the excitement of aircraft carrier-based flight.
Carrier Strike Force incorporates the same new technology found in our bestselling Flight Deck 5 package. You'll operate from moving aircraft carriers with super accurate catapult launch and recovery system*. You'll experience the thrill of authentic deck operations with AI traffic on and above the carrier. You'll see why cable recovery on the short flight deck is both thrilling and nerve-wracking. (*Moving carrier, catapult/recovery operations using 3WireX, missions and mini-missions available for FSX only; Static carrier, simplified catapult/recovery operations and 200 pre-saved flghts for FS2004.)
Highlights of Carrier Strike Force (FSX version)
- FSX - moving carrier - you'll takeoff and land from a moving surface
- FSX - super-accurate launch and recovery using 3WireX technology
- FSX - five great missions and six open ended mini training missions
- FSX - maverick missle
You'll take the seat in new aircraft and fly from three new carriers:
- USS Bonhomme Richard
- Charles de Gaulle (French)
- HMS Illustrious (British)
- The carriers are positioned near these locations:
- North Pacific
- South America coast
- Africa coast
- Indian Ocean
- Suez Canal
- Panama Canal
The powerful catapult gets your mighty Rafale M airborne from the deck of the Charles de Gaulle in just a few hundred feet. You'll want your tailhook to catch the steel cable during recovery to bring your muscular aircraft to a screeching halt. Fly the new F-35 JSF and the Harrier in vertical flight from the HMS Illustrious and USS Bonhomme Richard.
For this add-on you'll fly these powerful aircraft:
- F-35C Lightning II Joint Strike FighterTM
- AV-8B II Plus HarrierTM
- Rafale M
- Exciting Carrier Missions (FSX only)
- All missions are top quality - just like our highly regarded Mission Series (Mission: Blackhawk and Mission: Combat Force) and Flight Deck 5 add-ons. They feature exciting action and narration.
- Mig Crisis - You're on maneuvers in F-35 in the north pacific with the carrier task force when a new break away rouge state claims territorial waters of your route and sends out 4 Mig aircraft towards the carriers
- Mig Thunder 1 - The Charles de Gaulle carrier is under attack by 4 unidentified Mig aircraft off of South America.
- Mig Tunder 2 - The Charles de Gaulle carrier is under attack by 4 unidentified Mig aircraft off in the Mediterranean.
- Mig Thunder 3- The Charles de Gaulle carrier is under attack by 4 unidentified Mig aircraft off of a desert coast of Africa.
- Joint Mission Training - Fly the F-35 on maneuvers from the Charles de Gaulle along side the UK HMS Illustrious and the USS Bonehomme Richard.
- HMS Illustrious Training - Joint practice naval amphibious operations with the US navy and Marines at Cape Wrath bombing range
- Practice Missions – these missions are open-ended. You come in for a landing and can fly around and try again if you want. There are no rewards given.
- Charles De Gaulle operations in Hawaii
- Charles De Gaulle operations in Indian Ocean
- Charles De Gaulle operations in Philippines
- Charles De Gaulle operations in Suez Cana
- HMS Illustrious operations in New Orleans
- HMS Illustrious operations in the Panama Canal