Detroit completes the US Cities X range around the great lakes. "Motown" as many call it, is one of the largest cities in the US, full of history, home to a major hub for Delta Airlines and home to some large industry corporations. Detroit is without a doubt the industry capital of the US.
But it is going through some dire straits as the heavy industry found it hard to compete with other nations. Unemployment forced many people (up to 25%) to leave the area. The massive traffic jams of the 1980’s are only a memory. But Detroit has a strong spirit and seems to be leaving the problems behind. The low prices draw young people and the heavy industry is slowly replaced with smaller more agile companies.
Like most other activities aviation took a hit but passenger numbers are increasing. Detroit Metro and the many other smaller airports make this a complex and busy environment for pilots. But there are many rewards, the region looks great from the air. Even outside of the downtown’s boundaries there are some fascinating sights from the air: Let it be the Dearborn test track, which was one of the first international airports in history, Detroit Metro, one of the largest airports in the country, a military airport at the shores of Lake St. Clair and islands with airports scattered along the course of the St. Clair and Detroit rivers that are home to thousands of vacation homes that can often only be reached by boat.
- Aerial image coverage with up to 20cm/pix resolution (see attached Google Earth file)
- Bonus: Harsens Island with the complete river delta of the St. Clair River!
- More than 1,050 major buildings included
- 121,897 (!) autogen objects placed realistically
- Highly detailed and customized mesh terrain
- Ambassador Bridge crossing the river into Canada
- 5 heliports in good detail
- Major airports in and around the city as well as the islands are covered with new high res ground images with customized mesh terrain (no new building structures added):
- KDTW - Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
- KDET - Coleman A. Young International Airport (Detroit City Apt)
- CYQG - Windsor (Canada)
- KYIP - Willow Run
- KPTK - Oakland Co Intl
- KMTC - Selfridge ANGB
- KONZ - Grosse Ile Mun
- Z92 - Harsens Island
- Y47 - New Hudson
- 1D2 - Canton Plymouth Mettetal
- 7D2 - Oakland/Troy
- Sound effects like downtown- and highway traffic and animated gulls
- Animated ship traffic along the river
- Traffic on most major roads
- And another small bonus: Ford Field, which was one of the busiest airports in the early days of aviation and is now a test track for cars
- Low price, very good value for money
View aerial coverage >> Download KMZ-file <<
Google Earth is required for viewing this file. Download it for free here: http://earth.google.com/
English .pdf Manual : >> View here <<