US Cities X is a series of city scenery for FSX that covers US cities created by LimeSim. Based on an extensive aerial image it will have all the major buildings and landmarks plus all the heliports that are inside the covered areas.
It is clearly intended to fill the gap between the default scenery and very high dense city scenery such as Manhattan X, London VFR or Venice X. Because the file size is rather large due to the ground image it only includes one season (in most cases this is not a real issue) and no night textures. The VFR flights over these cities is mostly a day time affair anyway. The third in this range is New Orleans.
- Aerial image coverage (see attached Google Earth file)
- More than 20.000 major buildings included
- Thousands of Autogen buildings placed realistically
- All five heliports and one seaplane base in good detail
- All airports are covered with new high res ground images (no new structures added)
- Ship traffic on Mississippi (paddle steamer)
- Sound effects near heliports and bridges
- Traffic on most major roads
- Low price, very good value for money
- Includes a separate Scenery Density tool
Please note that the images don't even show the scenery at full density settings! You can see even more than what you see on the images provided you have an extremely fast PC.
View aerial coverage >> Download KMZ-file <<
Google Earth is required for viewing this file. Download it for free here: http://earth.google.com/
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Acceleration or SP2)
- Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7 (fully updated)
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU (Core 2 Quad advised)
- 2 GB RAM
- Direct X 9 compatible Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 minimal to read and print the manual (1)
- Installation-Size: 400MB
Additional downloads :
English .pdf Manual : >> Click here <<