Version 1.20 of the Eaglet adds compatibility with Prepar3D V2 or higher. In addition the standalone Eaglet Setup Program is no longer required. The in game Animation Manager has been updated to handle the functions of the Eaglet Setup Program. As a special bonus a new Seasky floats version has been included for on water operations.
The Eaglet light sport aircraft addon for Flight Simulator X is now available. This small high wing, all metal 2 seater is powered by a Rotax 912 engine and has a cruise speed of 105 kts. There are two different panel versions available. One with normal analog style gauges and the other with an Electronic Flight Instrumentation System (EFIS). These aircraft are based on the real world VH-DBJ and 24-7600 which are based at Redcliffe Flight Training. Special thanks to Mahl and the team at Redcliffe for their help in developing this aircraft.
- Native FSX model
- Incredibly detailed model with full animations and completely clickable virtual cockpit
- Silky smooth 3D gauges
- Custom gauges including radios, GPS and autopilots
- Two different panel setups, EFIS glass cockpit and normal analog gauge cockpit
- Lovely Lotus style landing lights
- Virtual cockpit rain effects
- new Realistic Prop Torque effects
- 7 real world liveries plus 4 with user adjustable registration numbers
- Genuine engine sounds
- Hot swappable RPM (engine/prop rpm) and airspeed (knots/km/h) gauges
- Animations for tiedowns, wheel chocks and pitot covers
- Animated pilot and passenger models which can be displayed or hidden (pilot head individually switchable in VC)
- In game Animation Manager
- Separate Eaglet Setup program to set preferences*
* Note that the Eaglet Setup program requires Microsoft's .NET 4.0
DOWNLOAD THE DEMO VERSION
With this demo you can find out exactly how well the Eaglet will run on your particular system. The demo includes the full documentation and is the same as the full version except for the following things:
- Only white repaint included
- Demo written in inconvenient places
Everything else is exactly the same as it is in the full version. The download is approx 47MB in size and requires approx 144MB in hard drive space.
REALISTIC PROP TORQUE EFFECTS
New in the Eaglet is the Realistic Prop Torque Effect. One of the problems with FSX is the poor simulation of propeller torque. FSX will simulate prop torque upto the stall speed but it then slowly reduces the effect as your airspeed increases. I have attempted to recreate the effect of prop torque for these higher speeds. With the realistic prop torque effect on (you can use the Eaglet Setup program to choose whether you use it or not) you should notice that adjusting the throttle will have an effect on the roll axis of the aircraft. During climb you will need some right stick, at cruise with cruise RPM the aircraft will be balanced but reducing the RPM to idle and you will need some left stick. How does it work? For slower speeds the FSX prop torque is still working but for higher speeds a bit of simple maths is used to dynamically control the aileron trim and thus simulating the effects of prop torque.
Version 1.1 is now available and is a maintenance patch that fixes various bugs in the original release. It includes the following changes:
- Fixes to the fuel pump, autopilot and flap sounds.
- Reduced wind sound level
- Radio turns off FSX ATC when radio is off.
- Reduced engine temperatures.
- Various typos fixed