More than 150 years after its opening the "Anhalt Railway" presents itself as a modern traffic carrier with travelling speeds up to 200 km/h. Despite all modernity, traces of the past are obvious left and right of the tracks such as signal boxes, station buildings, old locomotive depots.
We tried to capture this atmosphere in the add-on Berlin-Wittenberg. Experience 118 km of electrified main line, the line to the new Berlin Airport BBI, 12 km of Berlin tramway. Pass through the Berlin city tunnel, the Southern suburbs of Berlin, along the Südgelände, Lichterfelde-Ost station where the world’s first electric tramway started, through the Nuthe-Urstromtal, via the Fläming Heath to the Elbe where Luther once posted his 95 theses on the door of the Castle Church of Wittenberg.
With this add-on you can explore cities, landscapes, enchanting nights and a great sky above Berlin, Brandenburg and Saxony/Anhalt on one of Germany’s most important railway lines.
- 115 km twin-track, electrified main line from Berlin Central Station (low level) to Berlin Brandenburg Airport (which obviously is not yet the case in real life) and to Lutherstadt Wittenberg
- 12 km tramway line (Line S25 from Teltow Stadt to Potsdamer Platz) with third rail and specific signalling (mechanical metal bar, multi-stage down signalling)
- 30 detailed stations / stops
- 1 Bw (Wittenberg) with extensive shunting possibilities, diesel petrol station, coal bunker and water crane
- 1 freight station (Großbeeren) with several connections for shunting scenarios and container loading
- Detailed Ks-signalling system
- Including PZB (500/1000/2000Hz magnets) by virtual Railroads
- LZB outlined optically
- Milestones every 200m, on the tramway 100m
- Sightseeing in Berlin (Potsdamer Platz to the city limits)
- Superelevated curves in most areas of the add-on
- Custom weather model
- Detailed, very meticulously animated night effects
- Highly recognizable simulation / realistic landscape
- Rolling stock double-decker coach RE160 with matrix display
- 10 scenarios