BluePrint Simulations’ KMSP version 2 scenery depicts the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International airport as it exists in the summer of 2013. The scenery features highly detailed, full-3D models of KMSP’s two terminals, the ATC tower, the midfield cargo ramp, the National Guard and USAF ramps and most maintenance and general aviation facilities within the airport boundaries. All 3D models feature custom-made, high-resolution (32 px/meter) textures and the highest level of three-dimensional detail possible (BluePrint’s True3D). All aircraft maintenance and storage hangars are fully three-dimensional and most are usable.
The Lindbergh terminal includes 7 concourses (A-G), the main passenger arrival and departure complex and the extensive parking facilities that dominate the field of view during ground operations near the terminal. Altogether, the Lindbergh terminal includes over 120 jetway-equipped gates, each one painstakingly adjusted and customized to match the actual aircraft-parking layout and airline usage. Concourse E is used by most major US airlines and their regional partners. All other concourses are one of Delta Airlines’ largest hubs (next to ATL and DTW), featuring one of the largest all-indoors regional airline terminals in the country (concourses A, B and most of C). The Humphrey terminal includes concourse H with 11 jetway-equipped gates plus the main passenger arrival and departure halls and parking facilities.
The scenery also includes KMSP’s four runways and its extensive taxiway network featuring realistic ramp and taxiway markings and signs. All field components including navigation aids are positioned as accurately as possible according to current official navigation publications and permit realistic taxi, departure, approach and landing operations under all weather conditions. Terrain elevation and texturing in the vicinity of the field are customized according to current and accurate satellite data and matched to the surrounding environment within the limitation imposed by the simulator’s terrain elevation and texturing accuracy. The replacement terrain textures are customized to match seasonal changes and blended with the surrounding environment to provide a realistic experience during approach to all eight runways.
BluePrint’s KMSP version 2 also includes a highly-detailed rendition of the “Mall of America”, the world’s largest indoors shopping and entertainment complex which is clearly visible during final approach to runways 35 and 4 as well as from numerous locations in the western portion of the field. It also includes detailed models of the three highway bridges spanning the ravine along the southeastern boundary of the airport that are clearly visible during approach to runways 30L/R and 35.
- Custom-made, optimized and fully three-dimensional Gmax models of the entire facility including:
- Two terminals and nine concourses
- The ATC tower
- Accurately located aircraft parking positions around every terminal and individually customized static jetways at every gate. Static service vehicles (optional) and parking alignment aids at every gate
- All parking structures adjacent to the terminals
- A significant fraction of the general aviation, aircraft maintenance and cargo facilities within the field’s boundary
- Approach lighting fixtures and navigation aid antennae for every runway
- Custom-made, high-resolution (32 px/meter) textures for all Gmax generated models including transparency effects
- Custom-made, high-resolution photo real ground textures depicting seasonal changes and carefully blended with the surrounding terrain
- Accurate runway and taxiway layout, including detailed markings and signs
- Realistic taxiway and ramp markings and ramp illumination effects
- Two levels of scenery complexity and detail:
- NORMAL complexity includes terrain texturing, autogen vegetation, airport layout with taxiway signs and basic navigation equipment models (actual localizer and glide slope radio signals are available regardless of the scenery complexity setting), and most buildings within the field’s boundaries including the terminals, the air traffic control tower and cargo and maintenance facilities
- VERY DENSE complexity adds detailed instrument approach lighting system models, animated runway intersection lighting, gate parking position alignment aids and optional static ramp vehicles
- Advanced, custom-made AI mapping file (AFCAD) including realistic gate and parking spot layout as well as airline gate assignments. A basic AI mapping file without gate assignments is also available as an option
BluePrint Simulations sceneries are not compatible with FSX default animated service vehicles