SimPlates ULTRA is the world's best collection of IFR approach (and other) charts and a worldwide airport/facility directory aimed at the serious flight simulation enthusiast. This latest edition (SimPlates 2000. SimPlates 2004, and SimPlates X came before) features over 70,000 REAL WORLD IFR PLATES - far more plates and at a higher quality than ever before.
Take your flight simulator experience to the next level!
- Over 70,000 real-world IFR plates, including approach plates, SIDs/STARs, Airport Diagrams, and more. Approach types include ILS, VOR, VOR/DME, NDB, LLZ, SDF, GPS, TACAN, Helicopter, Visual, and more.
- Superb coverage: includes virtually every IFR plate for the USA and plates for hundreds of countries worldwide.[see complete list of included airports]
- Complete, Integrated WORLDWIDE Airport/Facilities directory. Features useful information on the vast majority of the world's airports, including many tens of thousands without instrument approaches. Also included as part of this is a fairly comprehensive worldwide directory of NAVAIDs (Navigational Aids) such as VORs and NDBs.
- This is a massive collection of data, totaling over 100 gb. Because of the large size, SimPlates Ultra is no longer available on DVD as previous versions of SimPlates were. Rather, SimPlates Ultra programs/apps download content from our servers on an on-demand basis.
- Simplates' friendly interface makes it easy to find exactly the plate or information you are looking for quickly, and have it ready for your virtual flight. If you use SimPlates on a PC or Mac, you can print them out. If you use them on a mobile device such as a tablet, you can use it directly from that just as real pilots do more and more.
- Remember, SimPlates are ACTUAL IFR PLATES! However, pilots, please avoid all temptation and DO NOT USE THEM FOR REAL WORLD FLIGHT. This is because actual IFR plates have relatively short life spans, and thus the plates in SimPlates should be considered expired. However, they are still more than perfectly valid for simulator flying.
Simplates ULTRA (MS-Windows/PC Download Version) Ordering Terms and Conditions (Please Read!)
It is very important that you read and understand the terms and conditions of purchase here, as purchase of this product is strictly non-refundable.
- Simplates ULTRA (SimPlates) is a program that works on PCs that have Microsoft Windows™ and compatible operating systems. Because of the large variety of PC and potential incompatibilities with some systems and because purchases of the software are strictly non-returnable, we strongly suggest that you install and try out the Simplates ULTRA DEMO and make sure that it is running to your satisfaction on their PC before purchase. You are welcome to download the demo from here. The demo is technologically the same as the full version -- the only difference is that with the fully activated version, you get access to a much, much larger amount of the in-program data (approach plates, airport diagrams, airport info, SIDs/STARs, and related material)
- You must agree to not use this software under any circumstances for any real-world flight-planning or other operational use. This software is NOT for real world flight planning.
- The license being sold here is a SINGLE USER, NON-TRANSFERABLE license. What that means is that, after purchase, you will be welcome to download and install the software to your PC for your OWN PERSONAL USE. If you know of friends, colleagues, co-workers, or others who might benefit from this software, please encourage them to download and purchase their own copies.
- After your purchase is processed, you will receive, via email, an unlock code. In most cases, this unlock code will arrive in your email inbox within moments of purchase. To activate the software, enter the unlock code and your actual and correct personal information (Name, email, etc) as requested and the demo version will be transformed into the full version. In most cases, unlocking takes mere moments. Should you have difficulties, we have a activation help wizard.. To activate the software, the computer in question must be connected to the Internet and not have any overly aggressive firewall or other security issues that prevent our software from 'seeing' the Internet normally.
- The unlocked version of SimPlates ULTRA provides an IMMENSE amount of data - dozens and dozens if not hundreds of gigabytes. This data is stored on our servers and accessed on an as-requested basis. For example, if you request an approach plate in the app, it will contact our servers and the plate will be downloaded to you. Subsequently, that plate will be in the app's cache unless deleted or overwritten. For all practical purposes, this means that the computer where you will run SimPlates ULTRA must be connected to the Internet to use the program - or at least to download new data, which will be the usual mode of operation.
- If you have issues, chances are that it is something like your firewall or security 'solution' causing problems.
- For technical or other reasons, our servers which provide this data to SimPlates may be briefly unavailable.
- SimPlates ULTRA provides an amazing amount of real-world aviation content at a very reasonable price. However, even though we DO include a built-in content update check that will service small, periodic updates to the program data, it is NOT the intention of this app to provide a flight-worthy, always-current, always-up-to-date service. If you wish such a service, please contact a publisher of flight-worthy charts - the last time we checked, the going rate was approximately USD 2000 for a 12-month subscription for worldwide coverage.
- If you have any questions whatsoever, we're standing by to help via our helpdesk. Have questions? Ask BEFORE purchase and we will be happy to help as best as we can.