Warsaw City 2013 is currently our most sophisticated scenery package, featuring a highly detailed scenery of Warsaw city in Poland with surrounding airports. It is our largest, most expensive and most complex project so far - probably one of the largest on the market as well. This product is compatible with FSX/Prepar3D only.
Warsaw is the capital and the largest city of Poland. It is located on the Vistula (Wisła) River, roughly 260 kilometres (160 mi) from the Baltic Sea and 300 kilometres (190 mi) from the Carpathian Mountains. Its population is estimated at 1,708,491 residents within a greater metropolitan area of 2,666,278 residents, making Warsaw the 9th most populous city proper in the European Union. The area of the city covers 516.9 square kilometres (199.6 sq mi), while the city's agglomeration covers 6,100.43 square kilometers (2,355.39 sq mi). Warsaw is a major international tourist destination and an important economic hub in Central Europe. It is also known as the "phoenix city" because it has survived many wars throughout its history. Most notably, the city had to be painstakingly rebuilt after the extensive damage it suffered from World War II, during which 85% of its buildings were destroyed.
Our product, Warsaw City 2013, gives you a possibility to fly over an extremely large area of Warsaw city. We have included a full-season/night high quality photoreal ground textures of about 5000 square kilometers. The city centre has hundrieds of custom buildings modelled, there are all important landmarks on the whole included area too. We have also created 14 variously detailed airports and heliports for the project:
- Modlin EPMO - a newly constructed base for low-cost carriers, with 2500m concrete runway and a modern terminal
- Babice EPBC - a large GA airport with a massive traffic and a 1300m concrete runway, located in the center of the city
- Chrcynno/Nasielsk - one of the oldest airports around Warsaw, currently being used for ultralights, paragliders and by skydivers
- Sobienie EPSJ - a modern, private airstrip constructed as a part of a luxury housing estate and golf courses, with an operating flying school
- Góraszka EPGO - constructed in 1994; International Air Picnics were organized at that airport for many years
- Konstancin-Jeziorna - a private airport owned by an aircraft dealing company
- Konstancin Heliport - a private, nicely located modern heliport with a hangar for two Robinsons
- Ostrobramska Heliport - an extreme heliport located on the parking and on the roof of the BMW dealer's showroom building
- Ręczaje - a small private grass runway with one tiny hangar
- Kroczewo - a former military airport - for the last few years the small grass runway is used by private ultralights and paragliders
- Trębki Nowe - a small grass runway next to a farm used by paragliders; very close to Kroczewo airport
- Wincentów 1 - an unregistered private airport, used mainly by paragliters and ultralight trikes, very close to LIN VOR
- Wincentów 2 - an unregistered private airport, used mainly by paragliters and ultralight trikes, very close to Wincentów 1
- Zabia Wola - 440m grass runway surrounded by trees, difficult final approach with a lot of turbulences
- Fully compatible with FSX/P3D only
- Highest level of accuracy in geographic positioning, modelling and texturing
- Very large (around 5000sq km), season/night, photorealistic area of Warsaw city , perfect for IFR/VFR flying
- Sceneries of 14 airports and heliports located in the modelled area
- Hundrieds of photorealistic buildings from the city centre, including famous landmarks, bridges, stadiums etc.
- Very detailed autogen for the whole area
Differences and added features in comparison to the FS9 version:
- ground textures 1m/pix instead of 4m/pix (airports 30cm/pix) and reflective water
- more landmarks, like large hospitals, large churches, fuel stations etc.
- more helipads (unregistered, so you need to find them by yoursef)
- all VFR points on the scenery area perfectly visible and recognizable (shopping malls, churches, factories, road junctions, villages etc)
- enhanced water with boats, ships, marinas etc.
- birds and other extra animations
- enhanced "lite" sceneries with a variety of library objects and effects
- all high voltage power lines with power plants, switches, transformators etc. around Warsaw (a few hundrieds of objects!)
- Integration of the new version (v4) of the widely used Ursynów package with plenty of custom buildings on EPWA rwy 33 approach
- Clearly visible train stations (with static trains!)
- Enhanced high quality sceneries with a variety of library objects
- Road traffic on main streets and national roads
Unfortunately there are some limitations in FSX/P3D which make automatic changes of some seasonal textures (like roofs or custom made trees) impossible. We have created a special program Drzewiecki Design FSX/P3D Season Switcher which you can use to change all seasonal textures in all our FSX/P3D products to a proper season. The program is available here: http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=189 . Without using this program Fall and Winter seasons in our FSX and P3D sceneries will look incorrectly.
Warsaw City 2013 is compatible with Ultimate Terrain X and FSGlobal.
If there are some compatibility issues, please check the manual or visit our forum.
A demo version of Warsaw City 2013 is provided. This is a fully functional freeware scenery, perfectly aligned with the full payware version. This ensures no problems with online (VATSIM, IVAO and multiplayer) flying in case some users have the payware scenery and some don't. The demo gives a few downtown buildings and lite sceneries of all airports from the package.