The MV 407 is a four-blade, single-engine, civil utility helicopter; a derivative of the Bell 206L-4 LongRanger. The 407 uses the four-blade, soft-in-plane design rotor with composite hub developed for the United States Army's OH-58D Kiowa Warrior instead of the two-blade, semi-rigid, teetering, rotor of the 206L-4. The Bell 407 is frequently used for corporate and offshore transport, as an air ambulance, law enforcement, electronic news gathering and movie making.
High Performance and Packed with Features!
The MV 407 model depicted in this package is a highly detailed replica of its real-life counterpart. The model was created by using high quality digital photos and many, many countless hours of testing, revising and testing again!
Outstanding features of this aircraft are:
- Realistic startup and shutdowns
- Realistic systems and avionics
- High quality external model using normal and specular maps
- High resolution paint kit
- High quality sound set recorded from a real 407
- Custom realistic DX10/DX11 night lighting, landing lights and custom effects.
- Flight dynamics tested and tuned by real pilots. The aircraft flies just like its real world counterpart! By Brandon Filer and Chuck Jodry!
- Five (5) liveries included!
Though there are many things that are fixed, the fact is that with certain weather addons enabled and at certain wind speeds and or directions, the rotor may not spool up. As well, we have included (as default) a very VERY basic Flight Dynamic that has very little to no torque. However, we did include, for those brave enough, a fully decked out (with variable torque based on speed) in the root of the product. You nearly need to rename this file to the default name. It is, of course, recommended that you back the original up before doing so (or rename it)..