THE DAWN OF A NEW ERA!
Announcing Real Environment Xtreme™ for X-Plane!
A weather-influenced and high-definition texture environment add-on for the X-Plane platform. REX is an environmental add-on, and manipulation program which includes a robust selection of beautiful user-selectable sky and cloud themes, an advanced weather spotter search feature, archived data weather, enhanced METAR smoothing/probing features, real-time weather reporting & updating and weather avoidance features.
Within REX there is a weather page that displays weather details, including surface and aloft winds, pressure, temperature, dewpoint, symbolized metars, and TAF reports of any airport entered into the search box, as well as links to the weather avoidance maps and custom type of weather searches.
Our Intelligent Synoptic Weather Processor looks at over 20 different weather data elements to determine the best weather conditions and enables you to inject into X-Plane the correct texture representations according to current weather conditions. In REX the ISWP influences ALL textures. This gives X-Plane an even more realistic look and feel. With the ISWP the weather conditions are more true to life, giving the user control over weather influence ranges. With the ISWP using over 20 weather data elements we can give far greater detail to the weather in X-Plane.
With the implementation of REX for X-Plane, Real Environment Simulations operates a new, dedicated weather server that enables more up-to-the-minute and accurate weather updates and depiction, with the ability to hold past weather archives. This technology combined with the Weather Sync option that enhances METAR smoothing/probing features within the X-Plane weather environment is sure to please.
Included in REX for X-Plane is a tool named WASys, (Weather Avoidance System), which allows you to view the current, real-world weather. Within the WASys, you may view an overlay of Radar, Storm, Turbulence or Icing.
Real Environment Xtreme™ (REX) Features:
- User-friendly intuative and visually pleasing interface
- Hi-definition, ultra-realistic photo-real 3D clouds (Cumulus, stratus, overcast, and highly realistic rendering of cirrus clouds as seen in the real world)
- Sky color environments (Includes smoothing horizon transition & visibility smoothing for dawn, day, dusk & night)
- Fully integrated to select Sky & Cloud Themes based upon weather situation
- Enhanced Cloud Simulation to give a more 3D volumetric feel to cloud structures and the atmosphere
- 3d cloud resolution options for performance preference
Many more screenshots and videos are available at the REX Website.