PanelBuilder is a software add-on to create external instrument panels for X-Plane. PanelBuilder is typically installed on a separate, networked computer. This allows X-Plane to operate in full-screen, outside view mode with the instruments running on a separate computer, showing large, crisp instruments that are easy to read. PanelBuilder can also run on the same computer as X-Plane using a 2nd monitor attached.
How it works
Panel Builder has been design to be modular and therefore easy to expand. It includes the
simPlugins Interface the ‘link’ between the flight simulator and PanelBuilder across a network
Panel Manager the application to design instrument panels
Instruments individual instruments that are combined into panels
This approach provides an interface to any flight simulator that has an open architecture for third party add-ons. It also allows for the creation of new instruments to be added any time. Instruments currently not available in Panel Builder can be designed on request (most of the time free of charge).
- Over 70 onstruments included
- Suitable for all single and twin engine aircraft types
- Helicopter specific instruments are also included
- Covers piston and turbine Engines
- Design an unlimited number of panels
- Panels can be saved and loaded using the included ‘Panel Manager’
- Design your own panel background
- Includes over 60 instruments
- Instruments are configurable for different aircraft performance data
- Instruments are scalable to fit all sizes of monitors
- Instrument dials and buttons are functional
- Complete! Nothing else to buy.
New instruments and avionics are being added regularly and are available through software updates.