Bhutan is a mountainous kingdom in the eastern Himalayas between China and India. Paro airport (IATA: PBH, ICAO: VQPR) is the only international airport in Bhutan and company operates there : DRUK AIR, the Royal Bhutan Airlines services to Bagdogra, Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi, Delhi, Dhaka, Gaya, Guwahati, Kathmandu and Kolkata
The airport is located 6 km (3.7 mi) from Paro in a deep valley on the bank of the Paro river at an elevation of 7,300 ft (2,200 m).
There is 1 passenger terminal, 1 cargo terminal and 4 aircraft hangars. The airport has two taxiways, asphalt runway which is 6,445 feet (1,964 m) in length.
Important!!!! please read carefully and do as instructed.
Mesh in the FSX is not good. The airport will sink into the ground.
You need to download Himalaya mesh file name fs_him_01.zip (http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?FileName=fs_him_01.zip) freeware from www.avsim.com (recommend) or use Fs Global program.
Drukair AI package (freeware) : www.world-of-ai.com
- All major airport buildings included with high resolution textures.
- High detail photoscenery with 60 cm/pixel (higher than this is not available in Bhutan.) cover the area of the airport and Paro city.
- Ground poly of the runway and taxiways with high detail custom made textures.
- Custom Gmax ground texture from satellite photos will make you feel like being in the real airport
- Surrounding area including the village near by the airport. Typical Bhutanese houses, Gmax models not autogen.
- Real 3D grass.
The package can work with FSX only.