Bhutan is a mountainous kingdom in the eastern Himalayas between China and India.
Paro airport (IATA: PBH, ICAO: VQPR) is the only international airport in Bhutan and company operates there : DRUK AIR, the Royal Bhutan Airlines services to Bagdogra, Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi, Delhi, Dhaka, Gaya, Guwahati, Kathmandu and Kolkata
The airport is located 6 km (3.7 mi) from Paro in a deep valley on the bank of the Paro river at an elevation of 7,300 ft (2,200 m).
There is 1 passenger terminal, 1 cargo terminal and 4 aircraft hangars. The airport has two taxiways, asphalt runway which is 6,445 feet (1,964 m) in length.
Important!!!! please read carefully and do as instructed.
Mesh in the FS9 is not good. The airport will sink into the ground.
You need to download Himalaya mesh (fs_him_01.zip) freeware from www.avsim.com (recommend) or use FsGlobal program.
Drukair AI package (freeware) : www.world-of-ai.com
- All major airport buildings included with high resolution textures.
- Rinpung Dzong (a fortress-monastery) is included.
- Custom made Gmax models of objects, cars and airport vehicles.
- High resolution runway, apron and taxiway texture.
- Custom Gmax ground texture from satellite photos will make you feel like being in the real airport
- Animated cars (Outside the airport).
- Surrounding area including the village near by the airport. Typical Bhutanese houses, Gmax models not autogen.
- Airport environmental has been renovated.
This is the 3rd release by THAI CREATION production. The package can work with FS2004 only.