Eppley Airfield (IATA: OMA, ICAO: KOMA, FAA LID: OMA) is an international medium hub airport three miles northeast of downtown Omaha, Nebraska, in Douglas County, Nebraska, United States. It is by far the largest airport in Nebraska, serving ten times more passengers than all other Nebraska airports combined, and is named for Eugene C. Eppley, the Eppley Hotel magnate of Omaha, from whose estate $1.0 million was used to convert Omaha Municipal Airport into a jetport in 1959-60.
The airport occupies 2,650 acres (1,070 ha) and handles about 120 airline flights per day to and from 20 daily and 3 seasonal non-stop destinations. Eppley served 4.17 million passengers in 2015 (including both enplaned and deplaned passengers).
As of January 2017, Omaha has no international passenger flights. The airport handled more than 4.1 million passengers in 2014. Southwest Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and American Airlines are the first-, second-, and third-largest carriers and serve about 33 percent, 22 percent, and 22 percent, respectively, of passengers.
In January 2016, Eppley Airfield completed the expansion of its on-site United States Customs and Border Protection facility (CBP) to provide greater customs and inspection services for international passengers. While Eppley Airfield is classified as a "Customs Landing Rights Airport" for international flights (officially an "international airport") by United States Customs and Border Protection, there is no regularly scheduled international passenger service; however, the airport does handle international charter and private flights.
The airport is northeast of downtown Omaha in east Omaha. Although the airport is in Nebraska on the west side of the Missouri River, it is surrounded on the east, west and south by the state of Iowa: the Missouri River formerly formed an oxbow west of the land that became Eppley Airfield.
Airlines operating at Omaha:
Alaska, SkyWest, Allegiant, American, American Eagle, Delta, Delta Connection, Frontier, Southwest United and United Express.
Ameriflight, AirNet Express, DHL, FedEx and UPS.
- Highly detailed rendition of Eppley Airfield / KOMA located in Omaha, Nebraska - USA
- Optional SODE animated jetways
- Specular maps on glass terminals
- Full night illumination
- Photoscenery with full custom autogen
- Photoscenery features full night illumination and seasonal variations
- Stock animated cars on highway and airport adjacent roads for FSX and Prepar3d versions
- Compatible with add-on AI traffic
- FS9 version compatible with default and add-on FS9 scenery
- FSX version compatible with default and add-on FSX scenery
- P3D version compatible with default and add-on P3D scenery
- Usage of FS9 SDK for the FS9 version for best performance
- Usage of FSX SDK for the FSX version for best performance
- Usage of Prepar3d SDK for the P3D version for best performance