An affordable Instructor Station at your grasp!
The program version is now 2.0.
This utility is meant to assist Aviation Professionals, Flight Simulation Enthusiasts and Home Cockpit Builders using Microsoft® Flight Simulator (FS) 2004™, FSX™ and ESP™, Lockheed Martin Prepa3D® and X-Plane®.
Compatible with ALL types of aircraft! It is also great for anyone who wants to control the flight simulator externally.
The ‘Instructor Station’ allows to set the aircraft on an approach to a runway of choice under any weather conditions, start-up and shutdown network computers (fully customizable), program or set aircraft system failures at any moment, calculate the amount of fuel required for a flight and load it to the aircraft, record flight performance (approaches, maneuvers, landings, take-offs, etc.) and plot it graphically, and many other things!
It can work either on the Flight Simulator PC or on a Remote PC (using WideFS).
Many features are also available for Project Magenta users (pmSystems, Glass Cockpit, CDU/MCDU, MCP/FCU) and AST users.
What users have to say...
The Instructor Station program has proven to be very successful amongst the Aviation, PC Flight Simulation and Cockpit Building communities. Hundreds of aviation professionals and enthusiasts are using the Instructor Station all throughout the world: Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, El Salvador, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mexico, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Republic of Korea, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad y Tobago, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela…
"Your program is excellent, I worked for Boeing in flight training/simulation for many years and it's as good as any I have seen!" G.A. (USA)
"I have a little home cockpit and use this for IFR Multiengine training, so your program is a very good additional feature - many thanks !!" P.V. (Germany)
"A very good product. A must have." mvc340 (Spain)
"Have installed the software and its great. [...] I have used VISPRO in the past, [...], but I find this software better." A.K. (Australia)
"Thank you again for a **brilliant tool**. I’m a professional pilot with UK airline Flybe on the Dash-8 Q400 – this tool will really help me practice various things." K.I. (UK)
"[...] I'm a pilot from Jordan , actually I don't know how to thank you because of this great effort you made for the flight simulation industry [...]" W.H. (Jordan)
"It looks like you have really brought the software to the next level. Great job." T.H.(USA)
"I believe your efforts with this and your IStation have been outstanding and just want to add my thanks along with all the others I have seen." J..J. (Canada)
"This is a really cool piece of software! I love being able to provide a flight printout and map for friends who come over and fly heh."
"I am a professional pilot and I use your tool to train with a friend of mine from time to time. iStation runs together with FSX , FSUIPC, WideFS and so far I am very content. [...] I really like the software!" H.M.S. (Germany)
"We use Intstructor Station from Luis Gordo and vasFMC and it seems most functions of the pit are covered. I recon this is a good and more or less complete setup. If you don't want to spend a lot of money on the instructor station this could be one way to go...."
"I just purchased Instructor Station by Luis Gordo. Its priced really cheap for what it does! You can run it in demo mode for 3 minutes to test. [...]
It’ll work with project magenta, over a network, and packs a lot of stuff for the price! Check it out!"
"I installed your Instructor Station on a networked PC and I like it very much. Every few months I visit full-flight simulators of LUFTHANSA flight training in Frankfurt, and the instructor stations of these simulators are very similar...".
"Your program is excellent; I am a commercial airline pilot. I fly the ATR 42/72 for Farnair Europe."
"Exemplary support and Great Product!"
"I bought this software two weeks ago, and have had some time to play with it. And in my opinion it is worth every penny. This is the best deal out there to get a functional instructor station for very reasonable money. I have not tried some of the more advanced functions yet, but so far I am very happy with this program." I.H. (Norway)
"Your software is very good! It is a real alternative to Project Magenta's instructor station!"
"Wonderful and affordable flight instructor station software."
"iStation is a lot of fun. As a pilot I appreciate all the features. It compares very well with the simulators we used at FLIGHT SAFETY." C.M. (USA)
"You have a great program, keep up the good work." D.M.(USA)
"I have tested your software with other add-ons (Sky env., Ground Env., etc.) and it works very well!"
"The Weather setting is pretty cool & easy." E.K. (Germany)
"I run both FS9 and FSX, but mostly FS9 and am glad iStation performs in both."
"I think this is a great product. Absolutely love this." M.M. (USA)
"This is a good program and I can see how an Instructor Station would really benefit from it. I look forward to the next version." W.M. (USA)
"About your great software Instructor Station, I can tell you that it is really similar to the A320 Full Flight Simulator one. [...] I really think your software is an excellent tool for people like me; it helps your training as a pilot a lot." (Airbus 320 pilot) J.B. (Portugal)
"I have been using your iSTATION for some time now and I just can't get enough of it. [...] By the way I just downloaded version 1.30 and I can't wait to start using it. The feature for starting the pmSystems seems to me terrific. Keep up the good work." A.L. (Mexico)
"First of all, congrats! You made a very nice and useful product. [...]
Thank you very much for your time, and again, for your wonderful program." A.D. (Brazil)
"The first impression is that it is - in the true sense of the word - a great program." P.W. (Germany)
"I am excited about your new software." A.P. (Australia)
See the following video for a brief demonstration on the program’s main features.
- Set aircraft at any desired position: on an approach to a selected runway, ready to intercept the ILS, holding position on ground for entering a runway, at an airport gate, at a navigation aid, on an airway, etc.
- Set weather environment to virtually any possible scenario, including VFR, MVFR, CAT I through CAT IIIc conditions, night, day, dawn & dusk, cross-wind, etc.
- Create failures instantly, with a time-delay or when reaching a certain speed or altitude. Failures include: Control surfaces (ailerons, rudder, elevator, block flaps, spoilers and gear), Engine failures, Instrument & display failures, Hydraulic system failures, electrical failures, air conditioning & fuel failures (including tank leaks!).
- Create and save training scenarios and lessons (approaches, manoeuvres, etc.) and increase efficiency of simulator time usage.
- Quick and automatic aircraft start-up.
- Complete Simulator start-up & shutdown (controls all PCs in the network).
- Allows full external control of the Flight Simulator – ideal for a cockpit instructor station.
- Monitor and log approach performance, manoeuvres, etc. Variables that can be tracked include: Position (latitude & longitude), Altitude & Height, Speeds (IAS, TAS, GS), Reference speeds (flaps full & clean configuration stall speeds), Pitch, Bank & Side Slip, True & Magnetic Headings, Elevator Trim position, G-Forces, Engine parameters (N1, N2, RPM, manifold pressure…)
- All these variables can be plotted against elapsed time or against distance to runway threshold, and can be monitored in real time as flight progresses.
- Runway Approach plots (vertical & horizontal).
- Create performance reports in PDF, with maximum, minimum and average values of variables, flight events (flaps up/down, gear up/down, etc.) and other general information.
- Export flight path, navaids and airways to Google Earth™ (KML file), allowing further performance assessment in 2D and 3D and with real satellite imagery (Google Earth™ features). Navigation aids are also exported to Google Earth™. Flight progress can be monitored after a flight is completed or while it is in progress. IAS and altitude are shown in real time. Flight events (gear up/down, flaps up/down, etc.) are also plotted.
- Tracker Window, with artificial horizon display and other data, to enhance instructor awareness.
- Enables control of the First Officer QNH settings by adjusting only the Captain QNH (project magenta).
- Enables Synchronizing the Flight Simulator time with the system PC time.
- Works on any WideFS connected PC.
- On-Screen Keyboard for touch screen setups.
- Flight Freeze mode: allows stabilizing the aircraft at a certain position before executing a manoeuvre (i.e. an approach, etc.).
- Playback mode: review flight data previously saved, plot it, review in Google Earth, and resume a flight at any selected point in time.
- ATC communications: the instructor can now send ATC instructions that can be heard (text-to-speech technology) and/or read (text on FS window) by the pilot in the simulator.
- Export flight simulator GPS data via Bluetooth to external devices, allowing navigation applications to be used during simulated flights.
- Export flight simulator GPS data to ForeFlight Mobile via WiFi.
- Voice Control (beta).
- And many, many more…
Installation & Registration
- Simply install the program to a folder of your choice.
- Send your product code (will be shown when you run the program in the Login window) to firstname.lastname@example.org. After your payment is verified, a key will be sent to your email address.
- Please bear in mind that the key is computer-specific, meaning that if you wish to install the program on another computer, you will have to send a new key request (of course, at no extra cost!).
- To run the application, double click on the istation.exe file. A window will appear showing a code and asking you to enter a valid license key. Please introduce here the key that was sent to you by email after your purchase.
- If a valid key is not entered, the program will run in Demo mode for 3 minutes.
Watch the following video to see how the iPad works with the Instructor Station:
GPS data export from flight simulator to the ForeFlight Mobile app via WiFi. No cables required!
PORTABLE & VERSATILE
Control every aspect of the Instructor Station comfortably from your Tablet PC, iPad or Android device. Option to control iStation by voice commands.
Allows CFI’s to provide quick ATC instructions with synthetic voice and or text to the FS window.
CONNECTING REAL-WORLD AVIATION APPS WITH FLIGHT SIMULATION
iStation connects your favourite aviation app running on your iPad, Android or Windows Tablet. It sends the location, altitude, heading and speed of your simulated aircraft to your device, fooling it to believe it is where your simulated airplane is. No cables required!
DESIGNED BY A PILOT