- Professional navigation concepts, methods and terms
- Reading and using authentic aviation charts
- Planning and preparing your flights
- Flying cross country with visual and radio navigation
- Compensating for wind effects
- Following airways and jet routes
- Navigating across oceans and sparsely populated lands
- Using the Global Positioning System
- . . . and much more!
Reach Any Destination as Real-world Pilots Do
- Become familiar with navigation terms, concepts and methods.
- Learn to read official aviation charts.
- See how real pilots plan and prepare their cross-country flights.
- Learn how to compensate for winds so you can stay on course.
- See how to use the same skyways that real commercial pilots use.
- Navigate long distances.
- Use the Global Positioning System for precise navigation.
All the Navigation Methods in One Book
- Global Positioning
Find Needed Information Quickly And Easily
- Well organized and clearly written
- Divided into relevant chapters
- Supported with images and tables
- Headings and captions guide you throughout
- Written in plain English
- Fully indexed
- Convenient format
- For all home flight simmers
- For anywhere in the world
- For any home flight-simulation program
- Not for real-world aviation
Readable with any program that reads portable document format (PDF) files such as:
If your e-reader displays PDF files, it will display Instrument Flying for Flight-Sim Pilots.
Written and Published by Professionals
- Experienced flight simmers
- Certified pilots
- Trained writers and editors
- Dimensions: 5.5 inches by 8.5 inches (14 cm by 22 cm), or approximately A5
- Ebook file size: 11.9 mb
- Archive file size: 12.8 mb
- Password protected
- Instructions included
Includes Free V-Speed Card
- Most common general aviation V-Speeds
- Minimums, maximum, and optimums
- Listed by abbreviation, alphabetically on one side
- Listed by abbreviation, by relative speed on other side
- Clearly described
- Applies universally, not to any particular aircraft
- Free with purchase of this flight-sim book
View a Video Description
Message From the Author
Instructions supplied with flight-simulation programs skim the surface of what a flight-sim pilot needs to know. And real-world aviation books explain much more than home flight simmers need to know. My books are focused on just what you need. If you enjoy simulating flight realistically, as I do, you will enjoy my books. – Bill Stack, author
My flight-sim books are only for home flight-simulation computer games. They are based on real aviation laws, regulations, and procedures so home flight-simulation enthusiasts can maximize their enjoyment. Because some aspects of home flight-simulation games are not exactly like real-world aviation, some information in my books is not exactly like real flight. That is why these books are not intended for and should not be used for real-world flight or lessons. TopSkills and I accept no liability for any misuse of my flight-simulation manuals. – Bill Stack, author