EUR 14.50 excl. VAT
EUR 10.35 incl. VAT
EUR 8.70 excl. VAT
Antigua & Barbuda.
All the signs pointed towards Antigua. The island had warm, steady winds, a complex coastline of safe harbors, and a protective, nearly unbroken wall of coral reef.
It would make a perfect place to hide a fleet. And so in 1784 the legendary Admiral Horatio Nelson sailed to Antigua and established Great Britain's most important Caribbean base.
Little did he know that over 200 years later the same unique characteristics that attracted the Royal Navy would transform Antigua and Barbuda in one of the Caribbean's premier tourist destinations.
Antigua (pronounced An-tee'ga) and Barbuda are located in the middle of the Leeward Islands in the Eastern Caribbean, roughly 17 degrees north of the equator. To the south are the islands of Montserrat and Guadaloupe, and to the north and west are Nevis, St. Kitts, St. Barts, and St. Martin.
Antigua, the largest of the English-speaking Leeward Islands, is about 14 miles long and 11 miles wide, encompassing 108 square miles. Its highest point is Boggy Peak (1319 ft.), located in the southwestern corner of the island. Barbuda, a flat coral island with an area of only 68 square miles, lies approximately 30 miles due north. The nation also includes the tiny (0.6 square mile) uninhabited island of Redonda, now a nature preserve. The current population for the nation is approximately 68,000 and its capital is St. John's on Antigua.
Source: Antigua & Barbuda official site.
The V.C. Bird International Airport.
IATA CODE: ANU.
ICAO CODE: TAPA.
The airport originally was operated by the United States Army Air Force. It closed in 1949 as Coolidge Air Force Base.
Upon its closure by the USAF, the airfield became a civil airport. It was known as Coolidge International Airport until 1985, when it was named in honor of Sir Vere Cornwall Bird (1910–1999), the first prime minister of Antigua and Barbuda.
In December 2005, the Antigua and Barbuda Millennium Airport Corporation announced it would invite tenders to construct the first phase of a new passenger terminal designed to serve the airport for 30 years.
Airlines flying to Antigua:
- Air Canada, Air Italy, American Airines, British Airways, BVI Airways, Caribbean Airlines, Condor, Continental Airlines, Cubana de Aviación, Delta Airlines, FlyMontserrat, LIAT, US Airways, Virgin Atlantic Airways and Winair.
- Air Transport International, Aeriflight, Amerijet International, DHL Aviation, FedEx Express and Mountain Air Cargo.
- Highly detailed V.C. Bird Intl' Airport / TAPA
- 99km² Photoscenery surrounding the airport area with night lighting and full autogen (4m/pixel FS9 version, 2m/pixel FSX version)
- 3-Arc terrain mesh
- Full night illumination
- FS9 version compatible with default and add-on FS9 scenery
- FSX version compatible with default and add-on FSX scenery
- Compatible with add-on mesh.
- Compatible with add-on landclass
- Compatible with add-on AI traffic
- Usage of FS9 SDK for the FS9 version for best performance
- Usage of FSX SDK for the FSX version for best performance
- Animated traffic using custom models for FS9, animated traffic using stock FSX vehicles
EUR 12.89 excl. VAT
EUR 12.99 excl. VAT
EUR 27.50 excl. VAT
EUR 25.00 excl. VAT
EUR 10.99 excl. VAT
EUR 22.99 excl. VAT