This version requires X-Plane 10.50 or newer! Will not run correctly on older versions!
New features included in V2:
- X-PLANE 10.50 COMPATIBLE! - Instrument panel knobs and wheels now support XP 10.50 scroll wheel manipulation, and COM1, COM2, NAV1, and NAV2 volume knobs now control the audio volumes separately. The audio panel volume knob controls DME, ADF1, ADF2, and MRKR audio volumes.
- 3D PROPELLER DISC EFFECT - the spinning prop disc now has a 3D effect using X-Plane's built-in custom prop disc features, and is plugin-controlled.
- EXTERIOR LIGHTING IMPROVED - new HDR exterior lights with plugin-controlled custom strobe flash sequence.
- CUSTOM ENGINE STARTUP - the SR20 now behaves more realistically during engine start. The colder the engine is at initial startup, the longer it takes to start (up to 4 seconds of starter cranking).
- IMPROVED SOUNDS - new engine starter sound, engine startup sounds, and propeller sounds. You can now turn off the SQUELCH defeat on the audio panel - a radio static noise will be heard.
- IMPROVED FLIGHT CHARACTERISTICS - The X-Plane left roll tendency is reduced by reducing prop torque effect.
- IMPROVED CONTROL MENU - Updated with new art assets.
- ADF INSET ON PDF DISPLAY NOW SHOWS ADF AUDIO VOLUME. The audio panel volume controls ADF, DME and MRKR audio volumes.
vFlyteAir Cirrus SR20 Features List
Glass Panel (modeled after the Cirrus Perspective® G1000)
The vFlyteAir model of the Cirrus SR20 is equipped with avionics systems which resemble the look and feel of the real aircraft's “Perspective” system. “Perspective” is based on the Garmin G1000. According to Mario Donick, who created the glass panel system for the SR20, “Although we don't strive for a true simulation of the avionics, we took care for many details. Many features of the real Perspective G1000 system are modeled in the vFlyteAir version, but some are omitted or not implemented.”
Here is a list of the features we think you will find very functional:
The following features are available on the Primary Flight Display (PFD):
- Artificial Horizon with high-resolution attitude indicator, flight director and roll scale
- Speedtape with custom display of reference speeds
- Altitude tape with custom vertical velocity indicator and minimums display
- Enhanced HSI with turn indicator and three fully configurable bearing pointers for GPS, NAV1, NAV2 and ADF
- Switchable inset windows for timer/references, minimums, wind, ADF, map, nearest airports, and flight plan
- Cirrus-style top bar with power setting, frequencies and detailed GPS & autopilot information
On the Multi Function Display (MFD), the following features are available:
- Engine information system with switchable trim status display
- Detailed system page with engine parameters, declutter mode, used fuel, remaining fuel, remaining range, remaining time, anti-ice & oxygen gauges, density altitude, temperatures, ISA deviation
- Custom user interface for creating and editing flight plans (accessing X-Plane's navdata and default FMC). Add airports, fixes, VORs and NDBs to your flight plan.
- “Nearest” page for airports, navaids and related frequencies
- Cirrus-style top bar with destination window, frequencies and GPS information
- X-Plane default map with weather radar and traffic warnings with custom icons
- Interactive checklists and user-definable charts - users can download and install their own chart pages for display on the MFD screen
In addition to PFD and MFD specific features, the following system-wide specifics are worth mentioning:
- X-Plane autopilot with ROL, HDG, NAV, APPR, ALT, V/S, IAS modes and detailed status information
- Custom calculations for ground speed, true airspeed, fuel & ranges, bearings and distances
- Reversionary mode with engine information system and system summary (reacts on fuse pulled & MFD failure)
On-Screen Pop-Up Menu
From any view in the simulator, you may click the small gear icon at the bottom-left of the screen to control several features of the model, including:
- Open/Close the pilot door, passenger door and cargo door
- Hide/Show the static ground elements (wheel chocks and pitot tube cover). NOTE: The static ground elements will be automatically removed for you if the airplane is under way.
- Add/Remove a copilot – NOTE: adding the copilot also increased the total payload weight of the airplane by 70 kgs (175 lbs)
- Click the upper right of the on-screen menu to dismiss the menu
- Hypoxia is simulated at above 12,500’ cabin altitude. The screen will begin to dim if you are flying above 12,500’ MSL. Use the OXY switch on the lower center console to turn on oxygen supply and avoid hypoxia!
- Oxygen supply is simulated – you have approximately 3 ½ hours of usable oxygen on board. The oxygen supply will begin to deplete slowly when the OXY switch is ON
- Anti-Ice fluid is simulated – there are 3.5 gallons of anti-ice fluid available. The supply will deplete when anti-ice switch is ON
- ICE lights are modeled – use the ICE light switch to inspect the wing leading edges for ice build-up at night
- The Cirrus BRS® parachute recovery system is modeled – click on the BRS handle on the cabin ceiling to deploy the parachute in case of emergency. NOTE: Engine should be OFF, and airspeed should be below 120 KTS when deploying the parachute!
- Cirrus “Single Lever Throttle Control” is modeled – the SR20 automatically adjusts propeller speed through the use of the throttle lever. There is no separately-controlled propeller lever.
- Customized HDR night lights – there are four dome lights inside the cockpit that will provide white flood lighting with HDR on in your rendering settings
- Custom exterior lighting – all lights on the exterior (landing lights, strobe lights and navigation lights) are modeled using X-Plane parameterized lighting.
- 10 Factory liveries provided – because Cirrus uses a special heat-resistant paint for their airplanes, the 10 liveries provided are based on Cirrus originals.
- Custom sounds – try opening the passenger or pilot door while the engine is running!
- Photo-realistic textures by Igor Kirilove – all textures are very hi-res (4K), providing a very realistic look
- Fully animated model – all the details are in this model. Check out the door hinge mechanisms when you open and close the doors!
- Super accurate 3D modeling – the model is extremely accurate in scale and dimensions